Error Downloading and Installing SonarLint for Visual Studio 2022

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Visual Studio version: 2022 Professional
  • SonarLint plugin version: none atm
  • Programming language you’re coding in: VB .NET
  • Is connected mode used: no
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version):

The SonarLint for Visual Studio 2022 extension fails in download or install regardless of method used.
-If I download through Visual Studio, by selecting Manage Extensions > Visual Studio Marketplace > SonarLint for Visual Studio 2022, we see error “One or more extensions could not be installed because the following errors occurred: An exception occurred during a WebClient request.”
-If I browse to the marketplace.visualstudio.com page for ‘SonarLint for Visual Studio 2022’ and select ‘Download’, the download fails.
-I was able to download the VSIX file (SonarLint.VSIX-7.5.0.82292-2022.vsix) from the SonarSource GitHub, but the install fails every time, continuously running without erroring out.

A team member checked and faced the same errors with this extension.
We are able to download unrelated extensions without issues.
The two most recent reviewers on the VS Marketplace page are also unable to download this extension.

Is there anything else I can do?

Hello @dw93rj0rfl and welcome to the community!

Could you please provide the VSIX install log? You can click the hyperlink at the bottom left corner of the VSIX Installer window (the one that appears after you press install and close the VS).

In general, however, we do not have the ability to run custom code during the installation process, so the error most likely is on VS’ side. We will need the log file to determine the actual cause.