Documentation - sonar.global.exclusions vs sonar.exclusions

Hi there,

i would like to suggest the Enhancement of “Narrowing the Focus” by

• Referencing the used variables. e.g.:

• describe sonar.global.exclusions, sonar.global.test.exclusions
    • reference the other ex/inclusion vars
  • Including the concept of global inclusions in the Diagrams of “Narrowing the Focus

… i also followed the link to Analysis Parameters but could not these terms there. That is why i took the time to write this suggestion.

If there is existing documentation i gladly will consume that, if someone might point it out :innocent: (I also tried $searchengine for sonar.global.exclusions. Not very helpful :wink:

cheers
Daniel

2 Likes

Hi @daniel, it took a bit of time to come around to this topic but we did a major re-write of Narrowing the Focus last month. Soon, there will be a transition to align it with an updated marketing message titled Analysis Scope, so you might see the page title change in the next weeks (a redirect should point you correctly to the new URL). Content about Analysis Scope is already in the SonarCloud docs here (which will also be improved in September).

Please have a look at the current Narrowing the Focus page. Do you think there is more we can improve before the SonarQube 9.7 release?

Either way, we have a Jira ticket in place and will look closely at your feedback for the next release.
Thank you!

1 Like