Changed Azure DevOps Organization Name

• We are using SonarCloud integrated into Azure DevOps pipelines
  • The name of our Azure DevOps organization was just changed, which means fhe URL has changed, and now our SonarCloud integration is broken
  • I can see where the organization is linked in our SonarCloud organization, but it does not appear as though I am able to change this to point to the updated URL on my own. (the page reads “This SonarCloud organization is currently connected to the following Azure DevOps organization:”… followed by a link which still points at the old DevOps URL that is no longer functional —> goes to a 404 page).
  • Also found this topic in the Sonar Community: Change Azure Devops link in organization

Can someone please assist us with updating our SonarCloud organization to point at the new DevOps URL on the backside in a similar fashion?

Hello @Annie,

Can you clarify what it means that integration is broken? Are you not receiving SC comments in the PRs? Are you able to import a new project?

Best,
Marcin

Hi @Marcin_Majewski

The URL of our DevOps organization is different because the DevOps org name changed. The result is that any SonarCloudAnalyze step of our pipeline on PR builds are now failing with errors because the URL has changed.

Specific errors from pipeline logs:

##[error]ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
ERROR: Could not find the pullrequest with key '8931'
ERROR: Caused by: Error 404 on https://sonarcloud.io/api/alm_integration/show_pullrequest?project=<REDACTED> : {"errors":[{"msg":"Requested resource wasn\u0027t found on Azure DevOps.","reason":"AZURE_DEVOPS_UNABLE_TO_FETCH_REQUESTED_RESOURCE"}]}
ERROR:
ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
ERROR: Could not find the pullrequest with key '8931'
ERROR: Caused by: Error 404 on https://sonarcloud.io/api/alm_integration/show_pullrequest?project=r<REDACTED> : {"errors":[{"msg":"Requested resource wasn\u0027t found on Azure DevOps.","reason":"AZURE_DEVOPS_UNABLE_TO_FETCH_REQUESTED_RESOURCE"}]}
ERROR:
##[error]The SonarScanner did not complete successfully
The SonarScanner did not complete successfully
##[error]19:14:06.04 Post-processing failed. Exit code: 1
19:14:06.04 Post-processing failed. Exit code: 1
##[error]The process '/opt/hostedtoolcache/dotnet/dotnet' failed with exit code 1

We are far from the first team to have run into the same issue. Here’s another recent example: Change Azure Devops link in organization

The problem is that I cannot - as an administrator of our SonarCloud organization - change the base DevOps URL. It’s the same problem as noted in the link above, where an internal Sonar person (Florian) stepped in and was able to “unbind your organization and let you bind it again to the new one”. That is not an option exposed via SonarCloud’s interface as a self-service option.

Thanks,
Annie

@Florian_Thoni Hi - I saw that you were the person who stepped in and was able to solve this team’s issue when their DevOps organization name changed. Can you please assist here or point me to another resource who may be able to assist?
Thanks,
Annie

Hi Annie,

It’s been less than an hour since Marcin last responded to you. As noted in the F.A.Q.:

Be patient

• Wait a few days before bumping a topic that hasn’t received a response.
  • Do not @name mention individuals not involved in the topic.

Ann

1 Like

Hey @Annie,

I will start a private thread and ask you for private details.

Best,
Marcin

1 Like

The problem was solved in the private thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.