Can PDF Reports be generated for past project versions or revisions?

Can PDF Reports be generated for past project versions or revisions in 9.1?

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension): I am currently using the Community Edition Version 8.9.2, but would like to know if the upgrade is worth it.
  • what are you trying to achieve: generate detailed issues reports based on past project versions or revisions
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this: I do not like what I have found until now. Recommending to filter issues by analysis date and not linking issues to project analyses seem like anti-pattern and smells like bad design to be honest.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

The Project PDF report added in 9.1 only shows current state at the time the report was generated, and it is not a detailed issues report. Here’s an example.
While we are planning more detailed reporting, it will also be on current project state. In fact, it’s not generally possible to produce accurate reporting on the previous state of issues on a project since once issues are fixed they are eventually cleaned out of the database.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Thank you so much @ganncamp! I did not know issues were cleaned out of the DB after being fixed. That changes things for us.

Hi again,

I should have mentioned that the reports start in Enterprise Edition($$).

Ann

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.