Can I use Community Edition in order to analysis code source of apps in Android and IOS?

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    I use the last version (9.7.1)

• what are you trying to achieve
    I need gto know if the community edition can analysis movile apps

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I am reading the documentation

Hello @stiwarnunez,

Welcome to the Community Forum and to the Sonar world!

Can I use Community Edition in order to analysis code source of apps in Android and IOS?

It mostly depends on the languages in your code. Kotlin and Java for instance are covered by the Community Edition. You can see here the languages covered by each Edition.

To analyse Swift code however, it would require at least a Developer Edition license. Such license also adds other super useful features such as pull request and branch analysis, and additional security rules for certain languages. Further information here: Try Now Developer Edition

Hope this clarifies,

Luis

Hello Luis,

Thanks so much for your answer, your explication is very clear.
But, I have a doubt, What happen with Angular?, we are developing with Angular 12 for moviles phones apps (Android and IOS). In this link Download | SonarQube there is not Angular.
Please could you explain me as Sonarqube works with Angular for Mobile apps in special with Angular 12?
Thanks so much in advance

Best regards
Stiwar

Hello Luis,

Thanks so much for your answer, your explication is very clear.
But, I have a doubt, What happen with Angular?, we are developing with Angular 12 for moviles phones apps (Android and IOS). In this link Download | SonarQube there is not Angular.
Please could you explain me as Sonarqube works with Angular for Mobile apps in special with Angular 12?
Thanks so much in advance

Best regards
Stiwar

Hello @stiwarnunez,

My understanding is that Angular is a framework of JavaScript. Please find more information here: JavaScript/TypeScript/CSS

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Luis

Hello Luis

Thanks a lot for your help, So, whether Angular is a framework of JavaScript, I could use Sonarqube without problem, right?

Best Regards
/SN

Affirmative

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help