Can anyone please let know if 6.5 is LTS version

Hi All,

We are currently having sonarqube 6.4 installed and planning to upgrade any LTS version opensource version above it.Can anyone please let know what is the LTS version which is opensource after 6.4 ?

And can anyone please provide details of usage of Timeline plugin and its usage as we are trying to analyze historical analysis of previous reports for all code smells etc, but we couldn’t find usage of Timeline sonar plugin any where.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
Naresh

Hi,
according to https://www.sonarqube.org/downloads/, 6.7.5 is the current LTS version.
WRT to the Timeline, see https://www.sonarqube.org/sonarqube-6-7-lts/#new-project-dashboard

Regards,
Gilbert

2 Likes

Thanks Gilbert for your support.Can I know if it is opensource version or licensed version ?

Hi,
the blue COMMUNITY EDITION 6.7.5 button at Download | SonarQube has a link to https://binaries.sonarsource.com/Distribution/sonarqube/sonarqube-6.7.5.zip

Further details are given below this button:

SonarSource Commercial Editions
With 6.7 LTS, Commercial Editions are available directly via the SonarQube Marketplace. Download the Community Edition first, and then enable your Edition in the admin settings (using your license key).

means before Sonarqube version 7 there is only the community edition for download.

Regards,
Gilbert

Hi,

To expand on Gilbert’s excellent answers (thanks Gilbert!) the Community edition is always open source, so not just 7.0, but also 7.1, 7.2, 7.3. …

At no point does SonarQube go entirely closed-source. There always is (and as far as I know there always will be) an open source option.

Ann

Thanks Gilbert for your support.This information is really helpful.

Thanks Ann for providing more detailed information.

Hi Gilbert/Ann,

I have upgraded my environment from 6.4 to 6.7.5 community edition, but I still don’t see Dashboards in sonarqube menubar. Can you please let know if I need to add any plugins for seeing historical analysis of reports for last 3 years of a project. I have a couple of questions regarding it.
1.) As timeline plugin is deprecated and as I could not get it available for sonarqube 6.4, I upgraded my environment to sonarqube 6.7.5(LTS) community edition but still I don’t see Dashboards in menu bar inbuilt?
2.) Is there any plugin available for sonarqube 6.7.5 community edition to see the historical analysis of reports in graphical format ?

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Regarding the Timeline plugin, it provides (provided) a Dashboard widget, but dashboards were removed in 6.2 IIRC, and so it is totally obsolete and incompatible with current versions of SonarQube. Instead, just go to your project’s Activity page, where any user can construct ad-hoc graphs of the measures of her choice.

Ann

Hi Ann,

We currently have sonarqube(6.4), Is there any option to get history of all snapshots of a project for last 1 year to check vulnerabilities,code smells progress over past years with out using any plugin ? In project Activity page I see visualizations specific to a project for a specific snapshot alone.

Hi,

It sounds like you’re looking for the web services. You’ll find a link to their on-board documentation in your SonarQube page footer.

Ann

Hi Ann,

The plugin documentation at page footer in sonarqube 6.4 has no information regarding plugins required for this historical analysis of Snapshots of a particular project.Could you please provide any url which has details such as
1.How to create a Dashboard
2.) How to add widgets and How to see historical analysis of Snapshots.
We are using Community edition and we could not find Dashboard displayed in menubar as well.

Thanks in Advanced.

Regards,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Again,

So you’re not going to be able to create a dashboard.

You said the single-project Activity graph was insufficient for your needs, so I directed you to the Web Services API link in your SonarQube footer. What I left implicit - and should not have - is that if the UI doesn’t meet your needs, then you’ll have to craft your own representations using data retrieved via the web services.

Ann

Thanks Ann for providing details about Web services API link at footer. Can you please share any documents available for usage/configuration of Webservices API in sonarqube for generating historical report of snapshots.

Regards,
Naresh