C++ custom rules with Enterprise Edition

Hello,
I know this sort of question can be answered by reading the formal SonarQube’s doc and it even has been asked already in this forum, in particular with Community/Developer Edition… but still I want to ask again just to make sure I don’t miss out anything. With Enterprise Edition though, is it possible to add custom rules for C++?
Of course, the closest thing I’ve figured to try is the open-source cxx plugin, but it’s not officially supported by sonarsource (nor even supported by the sonar community), so using that plugin might not be a long term solution and especially when we have a full-fledged Enterprise Edition.

Thank you very much, and sorry for the repetitive question.

No, with the exception of using Generic Issue Reports to import issues generated by another tool.

1 Like

Hi Colin,
I do have similar requirement.
We are using enterprise edition with 9.9 version we would like to have import custom ruleset with some standards.

So, i have gone through the documentation related to this and most of the conversations are landing at

I am very beginer in this area and i am not able to understand few things.

What do you mean by ‘Issues generated by another tools’ ?
can you give examples if possible and is there any blog where i can find step by step procedure to generate these reports which i suppose to set for
sonar.externalIssuesReportPaths

@charlespnh take a look here: sonar-training-examples/external-issues/README.md at master · SonarSource/sonar-training-examples · GitHub

HI Colin,
In the given links i do not see any info related to C/C++ .
can you share any c/c++ examples please

I don’t, I’m sorry, but the concept is the same (run an external linter, generate a report in the right format or convert another format, and import via sonar.externalIssuesReportPath)