C++ custom rules with Enterprise Edition

Hello,
I know this sort of question can be answered by reading the formal SonarQube’s doc and it even has been asked already in this forum, in particular with Community/Developer Edition… but still I want to ask again just to make sure I don’t miss out anything. With Enterprise Edition though, is it possible to add custom rules for C++?
Of course, the closest thing I’ve figured to try is the open-source cxx plugin, but it’s not officially supported by sonarsource (nor even supported by the sonar community), so using that plugin might not be a long term solution and especially when we have a full-fledged Enterprise Edition.

Thank you very much, and sorry for the repetitive question.

No, with the exception of using Generic Issue Reports to import issues generated by another tool.

Hi Colin,
I do have similar requirement.
We are using enterprise edition with 9.9 version we would like to have import custom ruleset with some standards.

So, i have gone through the documentation related to this and most of the conversations are landing at

I am very beginer in this area and i am not able to understand few things.

What do you mean by ‘Issues generated by another tools’ ?
can you give examples if possible and is there any blog where i can find step by step procedure to generate these reports which i suppose to set for
sonar.externalIssuesReportPaths

@charlespnh take a look here: sonar-training-examples/external-issues/README.md at master · SonarSource/sonar-training-examples · GitHub

HI Colin,
In the given links i do not see any info related to C/C++ .
can you share any c/c++ examples please

I don’t, I’m sorry, but the concept is the same (run an external linter, generate a report in the right format or convert another format, and import via sonar.externalIssuesReportPath)