Built-in profiles have no active rules

I’m running SonarQube 8.2 and the built-in quality profiles have no active rules.

In the “Quality Profiles” tab I see the built-in profiles (“Sonar way”), and the number of rules (e.g. 390 for Java) is listed. However when I click on the rules, the active list is empty, and all rules are inactive. Since it is a built-in profile, I cannot activate rules. During scanning of code, the inactive rules are not applied.

Further, I noticed that when I go to the “Rules” tab and select one language, the rules displayed to the right don’t seem to match, e.g. when I click on “Java”, I see rules from Scala and Python.

I tried to update the plugins and restart the server with no luck. At least not fully: for e.g. Java I think the plugin update came with 2 new rules, and those are active now. The rest is still inactive.

The instance (Developer edition) was updated from 7.9 a while back and was also moved from another node (database was moved over via pg_dump).

How can I fix this?

If you trash the data/es6 folder on your instance and restart you should be good to go. :slight_smile:

Thank you, that solved it!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.