Build wrapper gives error message during the bitbake build

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• sonarscanner versdion 4.6.2.2472
  • Running the buildwrapper 6.28 with bitbake
 DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| build-wrapper: getcwd: No such file or directory
| WARNING: /home/jenkins/workspace/build-smardtv-vs640-mc-sat-westeros/tmp/work/cortexa55t2hf-neon-fp-armv8-rdkmllib32-linux-gnueabi/lib32-cimplog/git+AUTOINC+8cf7bec93c-r0/temp/run.do_configure.1756724:1 exit 1 from 'mkdir -p /home/jenkins/workspace/build-smardtv-vs640-mc-sat-westeros/tmp/work/cortexa55t2hf-neon-fp-armv8-rdkmllib32-linux-gnueabi/lib32-cimplog/git+AUTOINC+8cf7bec93c-r0/build'

Normal bitbake build workfine without any issues

Regards,
Vinay BS

Another issue we are facing with selfpath during the build

build-wrapper: selfpath: No such file or directory.

Request to help us to resolve this issue as we are running a POC

Hello @Vinay_Suryanarayana,

We need more information to understand what may be happening. Can you redirect all stdout and stderr messages to a file and send it to us, along with the build-wrapper-dump.json file?

If you want to share them privately, let me know and I’ll send you a private message.

Thank you,

build-wrapper-dump.zip (473.6 KB)
Hi @JolyLoic ,
Please find the attched build log and build-wrapper.json for your reference.

Regards,
Vinay BSbuild.log (352.7 KB)
build.zip (28.3 KB)

Thank you for those files. I’m sorry but I forgot to mention the build-wrapper.log file that is in the same place as the build-wrapper.json and that we also need.

Hi @JolyLoic ,
Please find the attched build_wrapper log for your reference.

Regards,
Vinay BS
build-wrapper_2.zip (3.9 MB)

It looks like what happens is that one of the program that is run during the build is launched from a folder that is then deleted.

I created a ticket to try and be more robust with the build wrapper in this case, but it would be nice if you could validate this hypothesis, and find a workaround meanwhile.

If your build system runs in parallel, could you please try to disable this feature. If you know of any part of the build that deletes folders, you might also want to temporarily comment it out.

Hope that helps,

Hi @JolyLoic ,
We tried to run the our build system not in parallel, then also we saw this same issue.

Regards,
Vinay BS

I’m going to send you by private message a version of the build wrapper that we hope will correctly handle this situation. Could you please try it and confirm if that works for you?

Thank you @Vinay_Suryanarayana for confirming this version works!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.