BPMN language plugin

I started to implement support for Business Process Model and Notation language. (Xml notation which describes process execution.) There are rules and tests executed on the top of the process as for regular java class.

I have some problems:

1. bpmn file sufixes are: ‘.bpmn,.bpmn20.xml’. there is a clash between xml and bpmn languages to decide which scanner to use
Language of file 'src\main\java\my-process.bpmn20.xml' can not be decided as the fi              ile matches patterns of both sonar.lang.patterns.xml : **/*.xml,**/*.xsd,**/*.xsl and sonar.lang.patterns.bpmn : **/*.bpmn20.xml ->    [Help 1]
  1. in a scanner fileSystem.inputFiles(...) returns only files from src/main/java or . project directory. bpmn20.xml files are usually stored in src/main/resources, src/main/model… . How can I add additional directories to filesystem?

Thank you in advance,
Regards
Martin

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the community!

XML support is shipped out-of-the-box in SonarQube. You can either remove .xml as an XML extension, or just rely on that default support to make the files available to analysis.

For finding the files, I guess you’re doing a Maven analysis. In that case, the default value for sonar.sources is going to be Maven-centric, i.e. Java-centric. So you’ll need to override sonar.sources to pass in the broader list of locations.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

Is it possible to have both analysis on .xml files? or can .bpmn20.xml has precedence before .xml?

Regards
Martin

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Sure. It seems that you’ve declared BPMN as a language and, thus provided metrics and claimed file extensions for it. If you run it as an additional analyzer, you won’t need to do either of those things.

I’m not familiar with what you will have to do to make sure your stuff is run as additional XML checks, but you can probably pick that up from something like the Checkstyle plugin.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Thank you Ann.

Works like a charm

Regards
Martin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.