BitBucket integration doesn't shows the Repositories

Hello SS Community,

I have integrated my organisation BitBucket with SonarCloud, but I can’t see any repository to analyse, even though I can see the repository when I log into BitBucket. What could be the possible issues, could it be permission or something else ?

I have few more questions, since I plan to take the paid version:

1. Do we have option to select a specific branch only to analyse ?
  2. Do we have options to schedule / manually trigger the code analysis ?
  3. What happens when the number of code lines exceed the limit, does it auto upgrade to next slab or does it provide a warning or notification ?
  4. Does the code lines upper limit the sum total of all lines analysed in all the Sonar cloud runs for e.g: 10 runs for a code base of 10K lines means 100 K lines analysed and will be billed for a given month

Thanks,

Mrinal

Hi @mrinalkamboj

About not seeing organizations, I’d like to clarify something. Did you see the + icon in the top-right corner, next to your user avatar? Click on it, and then Analyze new project , or Create new organization to import projects and organizations from Bitbucket Cloud. (When you say “BitBucket”, you do mean “Bitbucket Cloud”, right? Not Bitbucket Server.)

Cheers,
Janos

Hi @janos,

Yes I could see the + button next to the Avatar, where I could Analyze new project or Create new organization and I did create a new Organisation, using my companies details. In fact, I don’t have to login explicitly, since I have already logged in, but now it says no repositories available, however another colleague who has admin permission, doesn’t have similar issue, can see the repositories.

So, my question remains, can this issue be due to BitBucket permissions issue and to answer your question yes we are using BitBucket on the cloud, Bitbucket, also please see if you can answer my other questions, since I can configure Sonar Cloud using the other Colleague (who is admin) credentials, pasting the other questions again:

1. Do we have option to select a specific branch only to analyse ?
  2. Do we have options to manually trigger the code analysis, so that its not automatic ?
  3. What happens when the number of code lines exceed the limit, does it auto upgrade to next slab or does it provide a warning or notification ?
  4. Does the code lines upper limit the sum total of all lines analysed in all the Sonar cloud runs for e.g: 10 runs for a code base of 10K lines means 100 K lines analysed and will be billed for a given month

Hi @mrinalkamboj,

Yes it seems to be related to permissions issues, could you check that the solution provided on this post solve the issue? I will see if we can plan an improvement for this soon.

We recommend that you launch the analysis with a CI and not manually, once you have imported your repositories, you can just follow on of the tutorials to integrate your code analysis with the CI of your choice (with BitBucket Pipelines this is quite straightforward). Then you will be able to script your CI to launch the analysis when it makes sense for you, for ex. at each push or once a day, etc …

It’s not possible on SC side, you will have to do it on CI side.

Concerning your pricing questions, please see here if you find your answers
The pricing is based on the number of lines of code, not on the number of runs.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,