Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):
- which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
- what are you trying to achieve
- what have you tried so far to achieve this
*SonarQube version: 8.7.0-Developer running in a docker container on a Ubuntu host VM.
- trying to achieve a viable upgrade/downgrade path with resources on Azure/postgresql database server
*what have I tried so far: please continue reading
I’m new to SonarQube (SQ) so please bear with me for this long post.
We are planning to upgrade our current 8.7.0-developer version to the latest version and are currently exploring upgrade paths.
I wanted to be able to have a fallback path just in case the upgrade was unsuccessful. I’ve read past posts on backing up the postgresql database using pg_dump but since we run on Azure, I came up with the following upgrade path.
Could someone please advise on whether the proposed upgrade is viable and what, if any, consequences there may be.
- back up postgresql database server to new server using Azure RESTORE
- modify host VM env variables to point to new server
- modify docker-compose.yml to pull required image version
- remove current docker container
- docker-compose up: to configure database on new server
- upgrade database as directed
- install plugins, if needed.
If necessary to downgrade, then just configure the env variables on the host VM to revert to the previous database server and repeat steps 3-7 above.
- is this path viable?
- what about licensing issues since the database has been migrated to a new server?
Thank you for your time.