Background task in failure "Date of analysis cannot be older..."

Hello, I just received this error for a new project I set up and was wondering why this occurred? My assumption is that a manual commit that was made to this Github repo happened around the same time that SonarCloud was analyzing the new project (although I believe I was given instructions to initiate a commit for SC to analyze the repo).

• Can I expect this to continue happening again?
  • Will this halt future analysis?

Error message: Validation of project failed:
o Date of analysis cannot be older than the date of the last known analysis on this project. Value: “2020-07-29T22:03:01+0000”. Latest analysis: “2020-07-29T22:04:53+0000”. It’s only possible to rebuild the past in a chronological order.

Thanks –

Hello @trackwell-mike, could you please tell me if there is some usage of the sonar.projectDate analysis parameter? If not, it is possible to send us the logs for both scans?

Thanks,

Alexandre.

No, there was no customization or usage of custom parameters. I haven’t seen the error since I first reported so I will assume it wasn’t a pattern to address at this time. Thanks for your help.

Your assumption is probably close enough. When we detect an analysis with a date that is older than the last analysis date we have, we mark that analysis failed, as you can see. This should not happen when analyses are run in sequence, and on the same machine. It looks like you had two analyses running in parallel, and the one that started later has reached our server first. And then the one that started earlier reached us second, and since the analysis date in it is older, we marked it failed.

Can I expect this to continue happening again?

As mentioned above, normally this should not happen.

Will this halt future analysis?

Not at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.