Application - different Branches are not working in branch configuration

Hello,

i am Maintainer of our Sonarqube Enterprise-Server (Version 8.5 (build 37579)). Currently we are running in a problem, if we are try to add in an application an application-branch with different projects and different branches. I am not sure if its a bug or if we are using incorrectly, because i have long searched for an answer, but nothing found. Additional you will find below a screenshot, with the issue what i mean (the red area):

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind Regards

Siegfried Kienzle

Hi Siegfried,

Welcome to the community!

Could you provide a little more detail on how you get to the state shown in your screenshot? I.e. exactly what steps you take in the interface?

Also, I see in your screenshot “Following project branches are not valid” followed by a list of branches. Can you give a little detail on those branches. Presumably you believe they are valid (and I’m sure they are) but I’d like a little help understanding why SonarQube might think they’re not.

Thx,
Ann

Hello Ann,

thank you for your fast response and your help. First of all i will describe my steps, how i get this state in my screenshot. I went to Projects → Specific Application → Application Settings → Edition Definition.

Here i selected the needed projects on the list. Then i clicked on “Create Branch”.

Now i typed in the name for the new branch and select over the dropdown-lists the different branches for the project. Below you will find an example:

Our goal is it to collect the projects in one branch.

To your second question with the branches:

We are not using the default branch master. As main-branch we have created a new one and marked this as main-branch. On some projects we have additional branches also.

These are the informations what i have. If you have additional questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Siegfried

Hi Siegfried,

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand your steps but can’t reproduce your problem, so I’m passing this on internally. In the meantime, can you double-check your browser console to see if there are any errors there when you get the error in SonarQube?

Thx,
Ann

Hello Ann,

thank you for your answer. As you mentioned i have analyzed the browser console. In the browser console i saw something, which i will post here:

In the second picture you can see, for the project 6, the projectBranch-value is empty, but i have selected one branch, but with a different branch-name as in the other projects.

I am not sure if it’s helpful for you. If not, can you please say to me, which information you additional needs?

Kind Regards

Siegfried

Hi,

You’re getting a 400 response code. The internet tells me

Bad Request response status code indicates that the server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing).

Can you check your web.log to see if there’s a corresponding error logged there? Altho TBH, I suspect this is coming from some intermediary on your network such as a proxy…

Ann