Analysis with TFS MSBuild integration is not possible anylonger after upgrading from 6.7.1 to 7.2 - branch plugin required

Hey,

I’ve recently upgraded to 7.2 (from 6.7.1) and ran my usual build which was working before, and I’m now getting the following error message:"To use the property “sonar.branch.name”, the branch plugin is required but not installed. See the documentation of branch support: Branch Analysis | SonarQube Docs

I’m using the TFS Build Tasks (4.) with MSBuild integration and I’m not configuring any sonar.branch. setting in the “Prepare the SonarQube Analysis” and yet a “sonar.branch.name” ends up in the configuration of the analyzer that is pointing to my project in TFS (i.e., sonar.branch.name=$/folder1/MyProject)

As I wasn’t able to get around it, I’ve downgraded to my pre-upgrade backup, and the analysis started to work again immediately. I’ve confirmed that the configuration file generated by the 6.7.1 SonarQube server does also not contain a sonar.branch.name setting.

I’ve been trying out the Branch feature with 6.7.1 in an evaluation version but didn’t go for it, and I’m back to the community edition since then and have had no issues. Just stating that as that smells a bit like it could be part of the reason for the problem and there’s something in the DB that is still left over from that evaluation.

Kind regards,

Nils

Hello,

The problem is know and the fix is on its way: