Administrator has no privileges to see project

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
    I need sonar-administrators to be able to have full admin privileges with sonarqube.
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I have set up groups and permission templates. I have turned all projects to be defaulted to private on creation.

Now the administrator account does not have the privilege to see the new projects on the dashboard.
Admin can go to Administration -> Projects and see that the project exits, but gets this error message when clicking the project:

You are not authorized to access this page. Please log in with more privileges and try again.

Hello @brandon.bhagwandeen,

It seems when you set the permissions template that you applied by default for the projects, you hadn’t grant Administer permission to the Administrator (Global Admin).

In order to restore access for the current projects and grant access for the projects to be created in the future, you need to do the following:

• Navigate to Administrator > Security > Permission Templates , and select the Permission template you set by default for Projects. (see attached screenshot)

• Grant back Administer permission to the Administrator

By this action, the new projects to be created in the future will be accessible by the Administrator and now you will need to restore the access for the existing projects.

• Go to Administration > Projects > Management , select all the projects by ticking the left box, and click on Bulk Apply Permission Template

• Select the Permission Template you just updated (the one set by default for the Projects), and click on Apply.
    All things done and the access should be restored for the administrator.
    I hope this helps.

Best Regards
Amina