Ability to enable SCIM does not exist

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)

• SQ : Community Edition - Version 9.9 (build 65466)
    • Scanner : Sonar-scanner-4.8.0.2856-linux
  • how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm : ZIP / Gradle Build

• what are you trying to achieve : Set up SCIM Provisioning

• what have you tried so far to achieve this :

Enabling SCIM in SonarQube.

• In your configuration file, set the sonar.scim.enabled server property to true
    • Configuration file sonar.properties did not contain the sonar.scim.enabled property
    • Added property sonar.scim.enabled=true under # WEB SERVER section of the sonar.property file and restarted the service.

Attempted to Enable SCIM in Okta after adding the sonar.scim property. Received the following errors:

• Error authenticating: No results for users returned
  • The connector configuration could not be tested. Make sure that the URL, Authentication Parameters are correct and that there is an implementation available at the URL provided.

I then attempted to enable SCIM within the SonarQube UI.

In the SonarQube UI, go to Administration > Configuration > General Settings > Authentication > SAML and activate the SCIM users (de)provisioning option.

• Followed the filepath as described in the documentation. Could not find it.
  • SCIM users (de)provisioning option. DOES NOT EXIST. I searched the settings to confirm which prompted no results.

Hi,

SCIM support starts in Enterprise Edition($$)

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

I realized that this morning, it’s clearly stated at the top of the documentation. :grin: I apologize for the overlook, thank you for clarifying! If theres a way to remove this post, would not mind.

1 Like

Hi,

I understand your impulse, but leaving this in place will help other users in the future.

And, IMO, that caveat isn’t as prominent in the docs is it could be. But that’s a point I’ll bring up internally.

Thanks for asking the question.

:kissing_heart:
Ann

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.