8.5 Upgrade - InstallNTService no longer exists

Hello, when trying to upgrade from 8.4.2 to 8.5.1 I noticed that the InstallNTService.bat (and UnInstall) no longer exists.
On my past upgrades I would do the following:
Stop old SonarQube Service:C:\sonarqube\bin\windows-x86-64/StopNTService.bat
Uninstall SonarQube Service: C:\sonarqube\bin\windows-x86-64/UninstallNTService.bat
Unzip the upgrade into the C:\sonarqube folder and make the needed config file updates
Install SonarQube Service: C:\SonarQube\bin\windows-x86-64/InstallNTService.bat
Start new SonarQube Server: C:\sonarqube\bin\windows-x86-64/StartNTService.bat
and then run the setup.

So, with 8.5 do I no longer need to Uninstall and Install the NTService?

Hello @bufbooth and welcome to the community :wave:

yeah we moved this to our documentation here as there was some concern about missing quotations in the service path. The only thing that changes is that you would have to do it manually from now on or modify the script and keep it for future deployments of SQ

hope that helps

So are you stating that we no longer need to Uninstall / Install the SonarQube Service on upgrades? If so, how does one do a Install on a new server, since the Install file is not part of the zip? Do we need to just save a copy of the Uninstall / Install files from a pre-8.5 zip and continue to use those?

nothing changes. we just don’t provide the scripts anymore because we shifted this to our documentation. you can keep and reuse the old versions of the scripts that we provided pre 8.5 and continue using them if you like, but there is no guarantee from our side on these in the future. You can also just create the service as documented:

sc.exe create SonarQube binPath= "\"%SONARQUBE_HOME%\bin\windows-x86-64\wrapper.exe\" -s %SONARQUBE_HOME%\conf\wrapper.conf"

If you don’t have SONARQUBE_HOME set, you could work with the full path

sc.exe create SonarQube binPath= "C:\Users\test\Downloads\sonarqube-8.5.1.38104\sonarqube-8.5.1.38104\bin\windows-x86-64\wrapper.exe -s C:\Users\test\Downloads\sonarqube-8.5.1.38104\sonarqube-8.5.1.38104\conf\wrapper.conf"