Wrong URL used from Jenkins when getting Project Status info

Template for a good bug report, formatted with Markdown:

• versions used (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • error observed (wrap logs/code around triple quote ``` for proper formatting)
  • steps to reproduce
  • potential workaround

P.S.: use the #bug:fault sub-category if you’re hitting a specific crash/error , or the #bug:fp sub-category for rules-related behaviour

Info:
Sonar

• Enterprise Edition
  • Version 8.9 (build 43852)

Jenkins
Jenkins 2.289.1

Jenkins Plugin:
SonarQube Scanner for Jenkins 2.13.1

Issue/Problem:

We have Sonar integrated with Jenkins in many projects. The scan of source code works great and the publish works as well.

Here is the defined instances of Soanr in Jenkins:

Notice the URLS are for internal comm to Sonar HTTP and using IP on port 9000

Our external entry for the customers to enter Sonar is HTTPS and goes though the secure front door.
Example: HTTPS://sonar.secure.front.door and the user will need to authenticate before getting access.

All seems to work but in our Jenkins Log we get an error when Sonar attempts to get the project status when you bring up the project landing page in Jenkins. If this project has Sonar setup in the config (to perform scans) then as the page is being displayed … there is a call to Sonar for project status.

The error shows that the URL this request is using is the HTTPS secure front door … which fails due to it sending HTML instead of JSON with project details from Sonar.

I do not know how it’s gets this URL to use … all of defined URLS for Sonar we use the HTTP and the IP.

Is it getting from the Sonar instance … the

Server base URL

HTTP(S) URL of this SonarQube server, such as https://yourhost.yourdomain/sonar . This value is used i.e. to create links in emails.

Key: sonar.core.serverBaseURL

Which is set to the HTTPS secure front door … as it should be.

I am at a loss as to how the plugin gets the wrong URL.

Thoughts?