Wrapper 6.28 Error

Hello,

We just install sonarQube 9.2.4.50792 (Developer edition) for C++ analysis
We also update scanner 4.6.2 and wrapper 6.28 on the Windows build machine.

We have an error :

ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\BIN\amd64_x86\cl.exe" (in directory "C:\_Dev\gitlab_runner\builds\794xsZ57\2\pc-tools\iesPowerHandler\build-Release\IES_CrashReport"): CreateProcess error=267, Nom de répertoire non valide

Scanner 4.6.2 + Wrapper 6.20 doesn’t produce this error.
(for the moment we stay with wrapper 6.20)

Best regards !

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Google translates the last part of that error message to “Invalid directory name”. So I have to ask, is this actually the location of the binary?:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\BIN\amd64_x86\cl.exe

Ann

Hello @languera,

You did not provide much context on when this error happens…

My guess would be that you are analyzing on a machine different from the one where the build was performed, and that this machine is not installed in the same way.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your help. But, on the same machine and with the same compilator on same location,

• the wrapper 6.20 + Scanner 4.6.2 work
    ( So the location is ok and the installation is the same )

• the wrapper 6.28 + Scanner 4.6.2 produce this issue

Maybe the new scanner introduce an issue with long path or path with space ?

Loic

Hello,

Could you provide us with the analysis log? I can send you a PM if you prefer to share privately.

Thank you,

Additionally, I have some questions about the folder C:\_Dev\gitlab_runner\builds\794xsZ57\2\pc-tools\iesPowerHandler\build-Release\IES_CrashReport. Is this a temporary folder that is erased at some time? Can you check if this folder exists at the time the analysis is run?

Thanks,

Hello @languera,

Have you been able to solve this issue on your side? Without more information from you, we cannot help you with it, and we’re going to close this topic.

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.