Which versions of .net framework are supported by the Scanner for .NET

Hi, i have a question of this, we have i our company sonarqube ver 7.9.1, and we have some projects with 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 , 4.8 .Net Framework, but only the recent projects (4.8) are reading completely , analize all the LoC , but in projects 4.5 no, some files are analized

the question is: the version 7.9.1 we have to upgrade it? or is about our projects that we have to migrate it to 4.6+ F. Net?

thanks in advance

hello

According to SonarScanner for .NET, the minimum requirements for the Scanner for .NET are .NET Framework 4.6.

This is a separate discussion but if you want to use a supported version of SonarQube, you should to update at least to the latest supported LTS version - SonarQube 8.9.2 LTS (July 2021) - Download | SonarQube

1 Like

Hello

Coming back on this one to avoid confusion.

You CAN scan projects targeting NET Framework 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 as long as you

• have .NET Framework 4.6 installed on the build machine (this is the minimum requirement for the .NET Scanner to work, as mentioned in my previous answer).
  • you build the code using MSBuild 14 or newer.

To that respect, you don’t need to migrate your projects, but your build infrastructure in case it doesn’t have the minimum requirements.

1 Like

Hello,

much better explained, thanks for extend the answer

yes we are gonna migrate our build server to the last LTS version,

thank you very much

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by last LTS version in the context of your build server?

Hello, we update it to version 8.9.2 LTS and all are clear for us thanks in advance

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.