Whether to support .net framework 1.1

I want to know whether Sonarqube supports to scanning for .net framework 1.1 project?

I want to know whether Sonarqube supports to scanning for .net framework 1.1 project?

Can anyone tell me that it supports .net 1.1? This is very important to me?

HI @Ocean,

There’s really no need to post the same question three times (and I’ll close the other two instances as duplicates). There’s no clear-cut answer to your question – and given that this is a version of the framework where support finished in 2008, there’s no guarantee that SonarQube will be able to scan the code. But what I can point you to as a starting point for your own experimentation is this:

• If your code is C# and you can build it using .NET Framework 4.6+, you can try analyzing it with our Scanner for MSBuild. You can follow the instructions here for targeting older versions of .NET Framework
  • If your code is VB6 you’ll need the Enterprise Edition of SonarQube and you can try analyzing it with the VB analyzer

Regards,

Cameron.

Hi @Cameron,
First of all, thank you very much for your reply.
Our project is a Windows application, developed in Microsoft Visual Studio 2003. Use C#.
I can’t find any instructions on using sonarqube to scan Visual Studio 2003 projects on your website.Can you help me? Thanks again.

HI @Ocean,

I’ve just checked in more detail on the Microsoft article that we reference from our documentation. It looks like it is only possible to target a build as far back as .NET Framework 2.0. So it seems that unfortunately it’s not possible to analyze your 1.1 project using SonarQube.

If you can migrate your project to Visual Studio 2005 or later, it may be possible to analyze it.

Regards,

Cameron.

Hi @Cameron,

OK,I know, thank you.

OK great. Good luck if you do decide to migrate it.

Regards,

Cameron.