What is the difference between jacoco and coverage plugins in sonarqube

Hello everyone,

I’m using sonarqube community 8.8 and Cobertura 2.0 plugin and I ran analysis for maven and ant projects. I was wondering for maven projects it need to add the same plugin? Or did I need other plugin? Is any difference? Several times I can not see the coverage report.

Thanks for helping me

Best regards,

Susana

Hey there

If you’re having trouble specifically with Cobertura, I’d suggest reaching out to the plugin maintainer at galexandre/sonar-cobertura. If you’re having trouble with any coverage formats listed in our docs (note that support for a coverage tool is language-specific), you’re in the right place to get help.

1 Like

Thank you Colin for your answer. I can see in the docs that jacoco is deprecated for java language, so I’ll use sonar-cobertura plugin for that.

Best Regards,

Susana

Just to be clear – importing .exec style reports via sonar.jacoco.reportPaths is deprecated (in fact, removed since long before 8.8. I’m going to issue a PR on the docs to remove the reference). Importing JaCoCo XML coverage reports is supported.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.