Web UI error: TimeZone cannot be parsed as a valid zone ID

I have Community Edition Version 9.5 (build 56709) executed in Docker container.
Trying to review scanned project in web UI and getting popup error “TimeZone ‘Europe/Kyiv’ cannot be parsed as a valid zone ID” when I click on code smell. Then the list of code smells is not displayed.
I guess it takes it from my browser (Firefox 105.0.1 (64-bit)). I didn’t apply any custom localization settings and zone name looks absolutely fine. So it’s obviously a minor but that causes major inconvenience.
Temporary workaround is simple: change zone in my browser to something else, but it would be nice if it can be fixed in future releases.

1 Like

Hey there.

Thanks for sharing this! I have a feeling that “something” hasn’t caught up to this recent change (although maybe Firefox has)

Rename Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv

… and I’m not sure at which layer this change needs to be reflected.

Can you share a screenshot of where you see the error?

Hey again!

I found what’s going on in the code, and we actually rely on java.time.zoneId which means… it’s reliant on the version of Java and their support of the newer timezone.

New timezone data (including Europe/Kyiv) was merged into the AdoptOpenJDK repository 3 days ago and should make its way into OpenJDK 11.0.17 in mid-October.

So once our base image (Alpine Linux 3.15, for now) pulls that version, the issue should be resolved :+1:

2 Likes

Hi!
Sounds great! Thanks.
Meanwhile if you still need a screenshot (just in case), here it is:

1 Like

Thanks!

I also wonder if we should handle this situation more gracefully (not fail to show anything), so I’ll flag this for some expert attention.

2 Likes

Thanks @Sergiy_Vorobey for your report and thanks @Colin for finding out that this Zone name was recently added.

I have created a ticket and the problem should be fixed with the 9.7 October release.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.