VSTS Error: API GET '/api/server/version' failed, error was: {"code":"ETIMEDOUT"

vsts

(Jaime Paniagua) #1

Hello,

We use VSTS and we are now trying to analize solutions with SonarQube. We are running SonarQube version: 6.7.4.38452
I was following all suggested steps to analize, but in the SonarQube first step I’am getting this error:

Phase: Prepare SonarQube analysis configuration -->Version 4.*
[SQ] API GET '/api/server/version' failed, error was: {"code":"ETIMEDOUT","errno":"ETIMEDOUT","syscall":"connect","address":"XXX.XX.XXX.XXX","port":9000}

Where XXX.XX.XXX.XXX is our external IP address for SonarQube server running in port 9000.

If we ask to server for this info: http://XXX.XX.XXX.XXX:9000/api/server/version it returns correct answer: 6.7.4.38452

Thanks in advanced,
Jaime

(Nicolas Bontoux) #2

Hi Jaime,

Similarly to other past threads, it looks like you’re hitting a connectivity issue, independent from SonarQube itself (the error comes from the underlying stacks).

Did you try this from the VSTS agent itself ? If not I would suggest to first simply check if the VSTS agent does have connectivity to that IP address or not.

(Jaime Paniagua) #3

Hello Nicolas,

You are right. It was connectivity issue.
In VSTS phase I was traying to put the external URL for our SonarQube Server, instead the address for the agent is an internal IP.
Changing the VSTS phase URL address to an internal SonarQube Server URL solve the problem.

Thanks for your help,
Jaime