Using pull request decoration with multiple projects in one repository

Hi all,

I have an application which consists of a back end written in C# with ASP.NET and a front end in angular. They both live inside the same repository in our self-hosted gitlab.

I tried various method to analyze the projects. What works best for me is having different projects in sonarqube. We are currently switching to the developer edition and want to introduce pull request analysis.

I like the fact that sonarqube deletes all outdated comments for the merge request, but in our case this causes the issue that the two analyses overwrite each other and only the analysis which finishes later has a comment. Is there a way around this?

I use sonarqube developer edition 8.6.1.40680, the sonarsource/sonar-scanner-cli:latest docker image and the mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/sdk:5.0 docker image in which I run dotnet tool install --global dotnet-sonarscanner.

Best regards,
Robert

Hi Robert, welcome to the SonarSource Community!

You’re running into what we’d consider a “mono repo” use case. There’s no workaround for de-conflicting the merge request decoration in the current release; however our team is working on addressing this issue as we speak. Stay tuned! You can follow that ticket and also check our release notes when we cut our next release (expected by end of quarter).

That page says this though:

I expect to have clear indication that monorepo is supported at some point for EE+ only.

And @FDZbZCbAVZe7PWEc said they use developer edition

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.