We have an on-prem SonarQube server (Developer Edition, Version 8.4.1) which is only accessible from within the company’s local network. The server is used by multiple company projects. We have defined common quality gates and rule sets there.
We are working on a new project which is not hosted in the same way as the other company projects, but instead we want to manage the project, code and pipelines in Azure DevOps. At the same time we want to use the on-prem SonarQube server to utilize the settings, rule sets, quality gates, etc. that we are already using in other projects.
- Are we able to use our on-prem server in our company network and Azure DevOps together?
- Is SonarQube for Azure DevOps ( Link to Marketplace ) the right choice?
- When we install a plugin into Azure DevOps, what is the best way to connect it to the on-prem SonarQube server?
- We don’t have any static or guaranteed IP address in Azure.
- We don’t want to make our on-prem SonarQube server fully accessible from the internet.
- Security is the priority.