Template for a good bug report, formatted with Markdown:
- versions used (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) - 8.9.1
- error observed (wrap logs/code around triple quote ``` for proper formatting) :
User groups been removed from SQ when changing VIP URL
- steps to reproduce
Adding a group to a user from one of the SQ nodes under the VIP as URL (https://egsonarqube2.cld.dtveng.net/) adds them correctly. But when changing url to the VIP (http://egsonarqube.dtveng.net/settings) the added groups are removed from the user. Also they are removed if we check from the initial URL where they were added
- potential workaround: None
P.S.: use the #bug:fault sub-category if you’re hitting a specific crash/error , or the #bug:fp sub-category for rules-related behaviour
The VIP just points to SonarQube without any side effects to its database, right?
I’m having a hard time understanding how a VIP could affect SonarQube. Are you able to reproduce the problem while staying in the initial URL (refreshing the page, for example)?
Hello @buelga ,
Are your 2 SonarQube instances https://egsonarqube2.cld.dtveng.net and http://egsonarqube.dtveng.net:
- Configured to use the same authentication mechanism (internal authentication or LDAP or something else) ?
- If the authentication is LDAP:
– Are both platforms connected to the same LDAP server?
– Do both platforms have the same LDAP config settings defined in the sonar.properties main config file (the
ldap.* properties) ? In particular are the
ldap.group.* properties set correctly on the http://egsonarqube.dtveng.net instance where the groups are lost?
Thanks for replying. Adding Tom from my team to answer the below questions.