User friendly way to edit existing rule or add new rule

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    SonarQube 10.1
  • how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
    Docker
  • what are you trying to achieve
    Trying to change existing rule and/or add new ones. (Looking for a way to do so without having to write Java and/or XPath) For existing rule, we are interested in changing the type (e.g. from Critical to Major) Most of our team are using Python, JavaScript/TypeScript and we do not have any help in Java or XPath languages, so it is difficult for us to write in a language we have no experience in. And we were very surprise to find that there is no way to make minor adjustment to existing rule.
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I have searched Google for ways to do what I am trying to do with no success. Any help or suggestion is most welcome. Is there a paid tier that provides more option in this area?
    Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!

Hi,

While that ability goes away in 10.2, you should still be able to adjust severity of a rule in an non-built-in profile in 10.1.

The Sonar way profiles aren’t editable because they’re built in. You’ll need to make a copy before you can make adjustments.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Karen,

Thank you for reaching out!

Could you help me understand what you are trying to achieve? Why is it important to change the rule from Critical to Major? Do you have a specific process around this?

What kind of rules do you want to add? We love JS/TS and Python, maybe we can help!

Kind regards,