Upgraded and sonar check stopped working

SonarQube server:

• Community Edition
  • Version 7.9 LTS

SonarQube Java version: 11 (was 8, but needed to upgrade)
Client Java Version: 11

We are getting the following error on Sonar Ant Task 2.5 Scanner run:

%> ant sonarcheck
[sonar:sonar] Apache Ant(TM) version 1.10.5 compiled on July 10 2018

[sonar:sonar] SonarQube Ant Task version: 2.5

[sonar:sonar] Loaded from: file:sonarqube-ant-task-2.5.jar

[sonar:sonar] User cache: /root/.sonar/cache

BUILD FAILED

build.xml:79: The following error occurred while executing this line:

sonar.xml:96: java.lang.IllegalStateException: not started
||at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.checkLauncherExists(EmbeddedScanner.java:244)|
|---|---|
||at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.stop(EmbeddedScanner.java:164)|
||at org.sonarsource.scanner.ant.SonarQubeTask.launchAnalysis(SonarQubeTask.java:101)|
||at org.sonarsource.scanner.ant.SonarQubeTask.execute(SonarQubeTask.java:81)|
||at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292)|
||at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)|
||at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)|
||at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)|
||at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:99)|
||at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:350)|
||at java.base/java.util.Vector.forEach(Vector.java:1387)|

I tried updating the sonar ant task (was older 2018 2.5 version as seen above, along with updating my sonar.xml file with that new jar name) and when I did I got similar errors and failed again…

[sonar:sonar] Load quality profiles
[sonar:sonar] Load quality profiles (done) | time=124ms
[sonar:sonar] Load active rules
[sonar:sonar] Load active rules (done) | time=1216ms
BUILD FAILED

build.xml:79: The following error occurred while executing this line:
sonar.xml:97: The 'sonar.branch' parameter is no longer supported. You should stop using it. Branch analysis is available in Developer Edition and above. See https://redirect.sonarsource.com/editions/developer.html for more information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I’ve code-formatted the analysis logs in your two posts. So you can do it next time, it’s just ``` on the line before and on the line after. :kissing_heart:

In fact, your second error is very different from the first one. You’ll want to double-check the analysis parameters you’re using.

Ann

@ganncamp ty for the help/info!

I have upgraded from 7.3 to 7.9 LTS and i have not changed anything in my configuration. I have not changed any analysis parameters. When I upgraded the check failed, I updated to use the newer version of the sonar ant task jar and I believe I got past the first issue (maybe), but both are still complaining about the sonar.xml and build.xml…pretty much the same location in both errors. What exactly am I supposed to be checking for?

Hi,

It looks^ like you’re passing a parameter that’s no longer supported in 7.9.

Ann

@ganncamp

My issue is similar to the above link which you responded to…same situation, except I’m only using the default branch and nothing else, so nothing to merge or whatever.

i removed all mentions of sonar.branch and it worked, have some new errors, will open a new issue/question if I can’t figure it out.

1 Like