Unable to push issues to PR

Hi everyone
I have a rather simple question.
I am using the Community Edition (Version 8.6 (build 39681)).
I am also using the Sonar Plugin for Azure DevOps Server 2020.
When i run the Sonar Analysis in my DevOps Pipeline manually or via CI, everything works just fine. But when in run the Pipeline triggered within an pull request, I always get this error

##[error]System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException: Could not find the SonarQube issue report at (myworkspace).sonarqube\out.sonar\sonar-report.json. Unable to post issues to the PR. ā€”> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find the SonarQube issue report at (myworkspace).sonarqube\out.sonar\sonar-report.json. Unable to post issues to the PR.

On a higher level i also get this error (which I think is rooted in the error above, but for the sake of completeness):
[error]ERROR: The preview mode, along with the ā€˜sonar.analysis.modeā€™ parameter, is no more supported. You should stop using this parameter

Now I know, that the Pull Request decoration is only available in the Developer Edition or higher.
But I dont really want that, I simply want to run my pipeline based on the Pull Request, so I can link to it in my Pull Request View in DevOps (I can see all further information in the Pipeline itself).

So my question is: Does the fact that I cannot use the Pull Request Decoration (because of the Community Edition) prevent my from using SonarAnalysis in an PR triggered Pipeline at all ? Or does this exception have another reason ?

Thanks in regards for any helpful information.

Cheers
Claudius

Hey there.

1. It sounds like youā€™re using very old versions of the Azure DevOps tasks, which try and perform an old kind of Pull Request decoration no longer supported (make sure you use the latest tasks as documented in the documentation on Integration with Azure Devops
  2. Even so, Developer Edition or higher is required to analyze pull requests at all (whether decoration happens or not)
1 Like

Hello Colin,
thank you for your answer.

1. Yes, I am using the older version of the DevOps Task, because the latest version never found our default branch and is using the master branch instead (which isnā€™t our default branch), butā€¦
  2. ā€¦this pretty much answers my question. I was kind of suspecting this, but I didnā€™t find it in the documentation. But thats ok, now I have one more ā€œpro-argumentā€ for the developer edition in my discussion with my lead developer :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.