Switched Oracle DB server from 18 to 19c and now get "This project is empty" for all projects

We just upgraded our Oracle DB servers from 18 to 19c and now all my projects are coming up with a "
This project is empty." message.

SonarQube server 7.8.0
This is a static code analysis Jenkins job
I removed the elastic search directory and restarted the server.
I added -Dsonar.scm.exclusions.disabled=true
and neither had any effect.

Log file output:

INFO: Analysis report generated in 206ms, dir size=142 KB
INFO: Analysis report compressed in 17ms, zip size=18 KB
INFO: Analysis report uploaded in 43ms
INFO: ANALYSIS SUCCESSFUL, you can browse http://10.1.86.147:9000/dashboard?id=com.zootweb.c%3AvisDaemon2_SCA_CentOS6
INFO: Note that you will be able to access the updated dashboard once the server has processed the submitted analysis report
INFO: More about the report processing at http://10.1.86.147:9000/api/ce/task?id=AXgCWJaF_jObc37UXvAH
INFO: Analysis total time: 7.122 s
INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO: EXECUTION SUCCESS
INFO: Total time: 8.955s
INFO: Final Memory: 21M/70M

Hi,

Is there anything interesting in your server logs?

Ann

No error’s in the logs, but there are a few warnings:
In es.log:

2021.03.04 15:11:19 WARN  es[][o.e.d.c.s.Settings] [http.enabled] setting was deprecated in Elasticsearch and will be removed in a future release! See the breaking changes documentation for the next major version.
2021.03.04 15:14:42 WARN  es[][o.e.m.j.JvmGcMonitorService] [gc][young][200][9] duration [1.6s], collections [1]/[2.5s], total [1.6s]/[1.9s], memory [227.9mb]->[130.9mb]/[1.9gb], all_pools {[young] [122.4mb]->[2.4mb]/[133.1mb]}{[survivor] [9mb]->[16.3mb]/[16.6mb]}{[old] [96.4mb]->[112.4mb]/[1.8gb]}
2021.03.04 15:14:42 WARN  es[][o.e.m.j.JvmGcMonitorService] [gc][200] overhead, spent [1.6s] collecting in the last [2.5s]

And in sonar.log:

2020.07.01 17:23:04 WARN  app[][o.s.application.App] SonarQube will require Java 11+ starting on next version
2020.07.08 21:20:21 WARN  app[][o.s.a.p.AbstractManagedProcess] Process exited with exit value [es]: 143

access.log and ce.log are both warning free.

Hi,

The documentation is reminding me that you provide your own driver for Oracle. Did you upgrade that?

Ann

We are still using the Oracle 18 driver with the 19c server as the Oracle docs say that this is compatible configuration.

We are using this with several other pieces of software without issue.

Hi,

This might be a time to turn up the server log level. It will let you see the SQL queries being run. I don’t think it puts the responses into the log, but you could run the same queries manually to double-check the results.

Ann

I will see if I can schedule some time with a DBA in the next few days,

BTW, you have checked your browser console for errors, right?

Ann

Yes I have an no errors.

What was the nature of this upgrade? You have upgraded your Oracle 18 with SQ data to 19? Or have you pointed your SonarQube to a completely new (empty) Oracle 19 db?

Can you rebuild your Elasticsearch index?

• shutdown SQ
  • delete contents of $SQ_HOME/data/es6 directory
  • restart SQ

Is it any better after executing above?
Greetings
Kris

I have tried the index rebuild with no change in the result.

We upgraded the sonar instance to 8.8 and upgraded to Java 11 at the same time and the projects now have the missing data.

Not sure if it was a setting that was reset during the process or something related to the upgrade?