Sudden increase in analysis time due to purge db

Hi there,

I was hoping I could get some help diagnosing why our SonarQube 8.4.2 Enterprise Edition background task times have suddenly and dramatically increased. Analyses that usually take less than a few minutes have blown out to in excess of 1 hour in some cases. Looking at the compute engine logs indicates the problem is DB-related and in particular the Purge db log entry is the only one with a noticeably large duration against it e.g.

2021.01.04 09:37:16 INFO  ce[AXbMjBcJeNd-A9z1ul4C][o.s.c.t.s.ComputationStepExecutor] Purge db | status=SUCCESS | time=2175105ms
2021.01.04 09:00:01 INFO  ce[AXbMd_g_eNd-A9z1ul3t][o.s.c.t.s.ComputationStepExecutor] Purge db | status=SUCCESS | time=2451414ms

We are running using an AWS RDS PostgreSQL database. The DB is large, though has an adequate instance type allocated. It would be great if you could provide any advice as to what steps we should take to try and further diagnose and resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Hello Sam,

A purge issue has been identified and fixed with SQ 8.5

Please upgrade and keep us posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Pierre,

I upgraded our instance to 8.6 earlier in the week and can report it has been running smoothly since.

Thanks,

Sam

Iā€™m glad to read that, thanks for the update!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.