Make sure to tell us:
- What version are you upgrading from? 8.9.10 LTS
- System information (Operating system, Java version, Database provider/version) Windows 10, Java 17, H2
- What’s the issue you’re facing? Can´t use StartSonar.bat and run manually Sonarqube doesn´t upgrade from H2 database
I am currently using 8.9.10 LTS with H2 database. All upgrades in the 8.x branch I have performed them copying the data folder into the new release I was upgrading to. It worked fine.
Now I am exploring the possibility of upgrading to 9.9 LTS. Being that said, I am wondering if it is option for me because I am scanning a Java 8 project.
Apart of that, I am facing several issues:
- With the clean installation, I can´t run StartSonar.bat as a standalone. I can´t install any service on this machine (I am not admin). I have set JAVA_HOME, SONAR_JAVA_PATH pointing to my Java 17 bin folder but no luck. I have succesfully run it manually using:
\Java\jdk-17.0.7\bin\java.exe -Xms8m -Xmx32m^ -Djava.awt.headless=true^ --add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.ref=ALL-UNNAMED^ --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED^ --add-opens=java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED^ --add-opens=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED^ --add-opens=java.management/sun.management=ALL-UNNAMED^ --add-opens=jdk.management/com.sun.management.internal=ALL-UNNAMED^ -cp "%REALPATH%..\..\lib\sonar-application-126.96.36.199595.jar" "org.sonar.application.App"
- I tried replacing the data folder with the one from 8.9.10 LTS but I got this:
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.sonar.process.PluginSecurityManager WARNING: System::setSecurityManager will be removed in a future release 2023.05.31 15:24:08 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Process[Web Server] is stopped 2023.05.31 15:24:09 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Process[ElasticSearch] is stopped 2023.05.31 15:24:09 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] SonarQube is stopped
So what are my options? I have to keep on using 8.9.10 for scanning my Java 8 project? Can I use any 9.x version?
Thanks in advance,