SQ 10.2 turn off rule severity is a breaking change

Hi @Chris ,

the year is drawing to a close and it’s time to make the last refinements for projects in 2024.
Sonarqube is an essential part of our workflows and i have to make statements about whether we can continue to use Sonarqube as before.

Hope you’ve really understood the needs of your userbase, you’ve missed to ask before so far.

I’m missing the details and updates about your plans, what’s going on at your side ?
Better inform us ASAP before we are faced with new facts !?

Please give us some update, we all would like to know what’s going on and what we can expect.

Did you think about my proposal, making the Sonarqube way of clean code optional similar
to Sonar way quality profiles or quality gate ?

Gilbert

Hi Gilbert,

You will be able to continue relying on customized severity. We are exploring other possible solutions but are not yet ready to share more details at this time. Rest assured that we are mindful of not disrupting the existing workflows.

For updates, we’ve added a portal card to our roadmap, inviting other users to express their needs and enabling those interested to stay informed about our progress on this topic.

Regarding Clean Code in our products, I suggest continuing the discussion on the dedicated thread.

Chris

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

I think currently i cannot see how many fancy buttons got pressed nor the maybe added comments (tried to peek at a different card with presumably 10 comments and did not find any further info).

Is this just a second way of (this time one-way-) communicating (with you only)? (or did just noone press a button/enter a text comment in any of these cards? :thinking: :person_shrugging: )

Anyways, (soon-ish) happy new year :tada: :partying_face:

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Happy New Year!

We present portal cards to keep everyone informed about the topics under consideration and to encourage sharing use cases, even for those who may not feel comfortable posting in the community. This channel frequently provides valuable insights that are not publicly available, complementing the discussions happening here.
Of course, we remain happy to answer suggestions and engage in further discussions directly in the community forum.

Chris

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to explain your reasoning :+1:

Do i stay informed about your progress on this topic by reloading the page? If so: when should i reload it? If not: how else? :thinking:

I’m really curious how this is gonna work out in the end. I am still not feeling well about this multi-channeling but pls refrain from replying here in thread. (in multi-channel-tradition: you can send me a PM if you want to discuss this further^W^W^W give me tips on how to stay informed :slight_smile: )

cheers
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

We seem to have diverged from the initial topic. A last word maybe to clarify a bit more about what this portal card enables: if you provide your email on the card, you’ll receive a notification whenever we post updates there. We’ll also try to keep this thread updated as we make progress.

Chris