SonarScanner abort execution with java error Unsupported value of _cplusplus macro: 202100L

Hello,

I am trying to execute sonar scan on C++23 code

I work with the following configuration:
SonarScanner 5.0.1.3006
Java 17.0.7 Eclipse Adoptium (64-bit)
SonarQube server 9.9.2.77730
CFamily plugin version: 6.41.1.62265

Even the C++23 is marked supported I have the following Java exception:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported value of __cplusplus macro: 202100L
	at com.sonar.cpp.analyzer.StdFlags.fromCppMacrosWithoutConditionalFeatures(StdFlags.java:56)
	at com.sonar.cpp.analyzer.ClangDriver.onCapture(ClangDriver.java:518)
	at com.sonar.cpp.analyzer.CompilerDrivers.onCapture(CompilerDrivers.java:34)
	at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.CFamilySensor.lambda$process$17(CFamilySensor.java:908)
	at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.BuildWrapperJsonReader.readCaptures(BuildWrapperJsonReader.java:86)
	at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.CFamilySensor.process(CFamilySensor.java:905)
	at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.CFamilySensor.process(CFamilySensor.java:410)
	at com.sonar.cpp.plugin.CFamilySensor.execute(CFamilySensor.java:215)
	at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.AbstractSensorWrapper.analyse(AbstractSensorWrapper.java:64)
	at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.execute(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:88)
	at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.execute(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:64)
	at org.sonar.scanner.scan.SpringModuleScanContainer.doAfterStart(SpringModuleScanContainer.java:82)
	at org.sonar.core.platform.SpringComponentContainer.startComponents(SpringComponentContainer.java:188)
	at org.sonar.core.platform.SpringComponentContainer.execute(SpringComponentContainer.java:167)
	at org.sonar.scanner.scan.SpringProjectScanContainer.scan(SpringProjectScanContainer.java:403)
	at org.sonar.scanner.scan.SpringProjectScanContainer.scanRecursively(SpringProjectScanContainer.java:399)
	at org.sonar.scanner.scan.SpringProjectScanContainer.doAfterStart(SpringProjectScanContainer.java:368)
	at org.sonar.core.platform.SpringComponentContainer.startComponents(SpringComponentContainer.java:188)
	at org.sonar.core.platform.SpringComponentContainer.execute(SpringComponentContainer.java:167)
	at org.sonar.scanner.bootstrap.SpringGlobalContainer.doAfterStart(SpringGlobalContainer.java:137)
	at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.doExecute(Batch.java:72)
	at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.execute(Batch.java:66)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.batch.BatchIsolatedLauncher.execute(BatchIsolatedLauncher.java:46)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherProxy.invoke(IsolatedLauncherProxy.java:60)
	at jdk.proxy1/jdk.proxy1.$Proxy0.execute(Unknown Source)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.doExecute(EmbeddedScanner.java:189)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.execute(EmbeddedScanner.java:138)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:126)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.execute(Main.java:81)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.cli.Main.main(Main.java:62)

Is there a way to not end the scan even the unsupported value __cplusplus macro: 202100L?

Thanks for your help,
Louis

Hey there.

SonarQube v9.9 LTS does not support C++23 (docs)

However, it is available in SonarQube v10.5, which was released yesterday! (the website says 10.4, but the link is to 10.5, we’re in the process of fixing it)

Hello Colin,

Thank you for your answer, I will upgrade my sonarqube instance.