SonarQube Scan - invalid java version

I am attempting to run a SonarQube scan and I’m getting the following error:

Invalid java version (got “11”). The version will be ignored. Accepted formats are “1.X”, or simply “X” (for instance: “1.5” or “5”, “1.6” or “6”, “1.7” or “7”, etc.)

After looking, it appears the version of SonarQube that we are using is rather old (6.7.4) as well as the Code Analyzer for Java plugin (4.15.0.12310).

Is the above error due to the version of SQ and Code Analyzer plugin we are running or is there something else causing the error? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello @kimreyj,

You are using a very old version of SonarQube (6.7.4), which is not supported anymore. The latest LTS version is SonarQube 7.9, initially released on 1st July 2019.

The SQ 7.9 LTS version also embeds a much more recent version of the Java Analyzer, which fixes the issue you are reporting. Note that version 4.15 of the Java analyzer has been released in November 2017, while the current LTS version is 6.3.2, released in July 2020.

I would therefore only recommend you to migrate to the latest LTS if you want to get some more support.

Regards,
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.