SOnarQube Community Edition Azure AD intergration

Hi,

I’m using 9,9LTS version of SonarQube Community Edition deployed using zip file.
I have setup a SAML authentication using Azure AD with group synching enabled. Users are able to login using SAML but users are not being added to the groups. I had made sure that name of groups in Azure AD and Sonarqube matches.

Am I missing something here? Does Sonar community edition support AD group synching?

Hey there.

You’ll probably need to take a look at the SAML Response (which should be visible in your web.log file with DEBUG level logging turned on) to find out after initiating a login

• Is group information actually being returned in the SAML Response?
  • Is the value you’re supplying for sonar.auth.saml.group.name valid?

Hi Colin,

I checked the logs as you suggested.

• Is group information actually being returned in the SAML Response?

In SAML response I see that group information is being returned but instead of group name it’s returning group id.

• Is the value you’re supplying for sonar.auth.saml.group.name valid?

Yes. I have added “http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2008/06/identity/claims/groups” for value

Then you’ll probably need to sort out how to get the actual group name to be returned from your provider – which is a better question for Microsoft than us!

Thanks Colin! Issue is resolved. I had to enable the option to send group name as well in the AD.

1 Like