SonarQube AzureDevops integration timeout error

Hi All,

We created our server (Virtual Machine) to install SonarQube and we configured everything. That works well and while integrating with Azure DevOps service (Cloud) latest version . we are getting the below error message:

##[error][SQ] API GET ‘/api/server/version’ failed, error was: {“code”:“ETIMEDOUT”,“errno”:“ETIMEDOUT”,“syscall”:“connect”,“address”:"****",“port”:9000}

So I have two questions:

1. Is there any suggestion to solve this error message? Any configurations need to do in Azure?
  2. If we are going to use Sonar Cloud, Does it mean we share our code to Sonar cloud. I mean we copy the source code of our project into sonar Cloud?

Hello @mahendra, as this is handled through the commercial channel, I will close this thread with a single post below:

The reason for this error is that your SonarQube server has to be “visible” from Azure DevOps services, ie it must have a public API address to be reached. Is this the case ?

When you configure AzDO pipelines with SonarQube scans you have to configure (you must have configured) a SonarQube service connection. Check out Adding a new SonarQube endpoint section at Azure DevOps Integration | SonarQube Docs

If you SonarQube is not accessible from the public internet you have to configure your internet firewall to open up for SonarQube access, or configure some sort of tunnel.