SonarQube 8/8.1: not able to run with Ubuntu when using non embedded database. (elastic search failed to start)

I tried to setup SonarQube 8 and 8.1 in my Ubuntu machine running Ubuntu 18.04.
I am facing one specific issue most probably related with ElasticSearch. Whenever I am trying to start the SonarQube with sonar.sh start command it fails with following error in both es.log and sonar.log

ERROR: [1] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: max file descriptors [4096] for elasticsearch process is too low, increase to at least [65535]

Before posting here I tried multiple things but none of them helped me to solve this issue. The things I have tried are below.

1. Tried setting values in /etc/security/limits.conf
user  -  nofile  65535
  1. Tried setting values in /etc/sysctl.conf
vm.max_map_count=262144
fs.file-max=65536

Even after changing these system files I am not able to start SonarQube, I always get same error mentioned above every time.
This only happens when I am trying to use the SonarQube along with external database, it work completely ok with embedded H2 database but whenever I enable any external DB (tried both MSSQL and Postgres) I face the same issue.

Hello,

What user are you using to run SonarQube ? You can verify your settings by running :
su sonarqube-user
ulimit -a

After searching around a lot finally I found that in Ubuntu you need to add below line in both /etc/systemd/system.conf and /etc/systemd/user.conf
Line to be added

DefaultLimitNOFILE=65536