SonarSource is proud to announce the release of 8.1, which includes Quality Gate status in GitLab Merge Request comments for all GL editions . More details in the official announcement.
In addition, there are a few other things to be aware of:
- We’ve rolled Short-Lived and Long-Lived branches into a single concept, so on all branches you get all measures and a full Quality Gate check, not just your ‘on New Code’ conditions. Previously-short-lived branches will need to be analyzed again to show all measures, and it’s possible that Quality Gate status and measures “on New Code” might change. You’ll also want to review your project’s housekeeping; there are new options. (MMF-1786)
- As part of the branches changes, we’ve updated what’s recognized as a “new” issue: only isses that touch new lines will be marked new now. (SONAR-12627)
- You can now manage your notifications on an individual project from that project’s homepage. (SONAR-10037)
- The coverage donut chart on the project homepage is now more colorblind-friendly. (SONAR-11601)
- Elasticsearch has been upgraded to 6.8.4, fixing the problem that caused SonarQube startup to fail with Java 13. Note that Java 13 is still not officially supported. (SONAR-12685)
- Some deprecated APIs, web services and web service parameters have been removed, and the
api/measures/componentresponse has been simplified.
As usual, download is available at sonarqube.org.