Sonarqube 5.1.2 will support VS2010, If supports will i get the C# plugin

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

My code is there in the VS2010, So i have installed sonarqube 5.1.2 version … Now my challenge is , am not able to find the c# plugin to code analyze. Could you please help . am not right track.

Hello Narendra,

Sorry but we don’t support anything that’s so old. Installing SonarQube 5.1.2 was probably a wrong idea.
I’d rather recommend you to upgrade you whole environment, including Visual Studio, to something more recent, that would allow you to use the latest SonarQube, with the latest C# analyzer plugin, and be in a supported configuration.
Note that recent versions of visual studio should allow you to handle code originally written on VS2010 (either simply backward compatible or providing project migration tooling).

1 Like

I have tried with sonarqube 7.5 version.
Below error we are getting
error MSB4062: The “IsTestFileByName” task could not be loaded
from the assembly
error : SonarQube analysis is only supported with MSBuild 14 o
r MSBuild 15

After Rebuild successfully
SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe end /d:sonar.login=“ba434b339043b6cfe0a162b303511a10b6cd7570”

scanner getting these error
The SonarQube MSBuild integration failed: SonarQube was unable to collect the required information about your projects.
Possible causes:

1. The project has not been built - the project must be built in between the begin and end steps
  2. An unsupported version of MSBuild has been used to build the project. Currently MSBuild 14.0 and 15.0 are supported
  3. The begin, build and end steps have not all been launched from the same folder
  4. None of the analyzed projects have a valid ProjectGuid and you have not used a solution (.sln)
    Generation of the sonar-properties file failed. Unable to complete SonarQube analysis.
    10:07:10.881 Creating a summary markdown file…
    10:07:10.881 Post-processing failed. Exit code: 1