SonarLint plugin for GoLand

Hi, I’m not sure how much effort is needed to build the SonarLint plugin into different Jetbrains’s IDEs but I would really appreciate having the SonarLint plugin in GoLand in the same way I use it in PHPStorm and others.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Jan,

We don’t yet support Go in SonarLint and we have no plan so far to support GoLand.
Do you use GoLand only for Go? And would you know how popular this IDE is?

Chris

Hi, Christophe, thanks for your reply.

As far as I know, the GoLand IDE is the only application fully-focused on Go. You can see the documentation: https://golang.org/doc/editors.html

Hope that helps.
Jan

I would also kindly recommend support for GoLand - colleagues who mainly code in Go prefer that to other JetBrains IDEs. Since there are already a lot of supported JetBrains IDE’s - I hope doing this will not be too hard. Is there a ticket or a thread we may follow to get when it is ready?

1 Like

Hello @alshopov and welcome to the SonarSource community!
Adding support for new languages and IDE pairs is something we are aiming for. At the same time, adding support for a new language like GO in SonarLint requires work to ensure (among other things) our analyzer work well when analyzing on-the-fly code in the IDE (rather than performing an offline project scan like it is done in SonarQube and SonarCloud). Long story short, we need to take prioritization decisions w.r.t. IDE/languages we are going to support and GO is unfortunatley not in (at least this year) roadmap - so we do not have a Jira ticket to follow. On the other hand, we are tracking the feedback and the votes we receive in this thread and we may readjust our priorities in the future if we see stronger demand for GO in SonarLint.

1 Like

Hello, my development team has a strong usage of Goland, we would greatly appreciate the SonarLint plugin for this IDE :slight_smile:

Regards

2 Likes

Same here, would be really cool to have it in idea/goland!

2 Likes

With Sonar supporting Go for awhile now, are there any plans to update the IntelliJ Plugin?

Hello @jh125486 and welcome to the Sonar community!
We’ve indeed started to work on supporting Go in GoLand (and in VSCode as well) - you can subscribe to this roadmap card to get an update when it will be released :wink:

3 Likes

…and it is done! :partying_face: I am happy to announce that Go analysis is now supported in GoLand. If you get a chance to try it, we’re eager to hear your feedback.

Marco

4 Likes

Hello, Congratulations on supporting go.
I’m using intellij with golang plugins. with the latest sonarlint (8.2.0.68615) but it seems that I don’t see and go rule. Even after binding the project with sonarqube, it does not fetch the go rule

[SYNC] Synchronizing analyzer configuration for project 'com.xxx.yyy'
Downloaded settings in 54ms
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'cloudformation' from profile 'AYcYZVM_LPxM5ldZ80vF'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'css' from profile 'AYcYZGs7LPxM5ldZ80tx'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'docker' from profile 'AYcYZcW3LPxM5ldZ80wa'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'java' from profile 'AYaCsIP6rRiklUhe6aQF'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'js' from profile 'AYcYc2uvLPxM5ldZ81Dd'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'kotlin' from profile 'AYcYdvDvLPxM5ldZ81Rp'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'kubernetes' from profile 'AYcYd-DZLPxM5ldZ81XA'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'php' from profile 'AYcYf5zfLPxM5ldZ81wQ'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'py' from profile 'AYcYhbBYLPxM5ldZ82HL'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'ruby' from profile 'AYcYidt2LPxM5ldZ82Vr'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'scala' from profile 'AYcYisnqLPxM5ldZ82X6'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'secrets' from profile 'AYcYi5qyLPxM5ldZ82aG'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'swift' from profile 'AYcYjBWLLPxM5ldZ82ad'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'terraform' from profile 'AYcYj59hLPxM5ldZ82kH'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'ts' from profile 'AYcYkMVLLPxM5ldZ82mq'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'web' from profile 'AYcYaLALLPxM5ldZ8026'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'xml' from profile 'AYcYlyC_LPxM5ldZ82_f'
[SYNC] Fetching rule set for language 'yaml' from profile 'AXUBNCbtOfqgyQ10A9fd'
[SYNC] Synchronizing project branches for project 'com.xxx.yyy'
[SYNC] Synchronizing taint issues for project 'com.xxx.yyy' on branch 'master'

Hello @yulrizka and welcome to the Sonar community forum!
So far only GoLand IDE is supported, and we’re going to extend our Go support to IDEA with the Go plugin (you can follow this ticket).

Thanks Marco_Comi for creating the JIRA. since I can’t subscribe to the ticket, please kindly post it as well. That will help other people notified as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @yulrizka,

the ticket mentioned by @Marco_Comi has been successfully finished and the Go plugin support will therefore be available in the upcoming release of SonarLint for IntelliJ!

Best wishes,
Tobias

1 Like

Hi thank you. Looking forward to start using it

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.