SonarLint Missing C++ support in Jetbrains Rider plugin

Please provide

• Operating system: Windows 11 Pro
  • SonarLint plugin version: 8.3.0.71062
  • Programming language you’re coding in: C++
  • Is connected mode used: No
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version):

And a thorough description of the problem / question: Currently SonarLint doesn’t support C++ in Jetbrains Rider. It seems to do so in CLion, but I am unable to use CLion because it doesn’t do very well handling larger projects. Is there any plan to support C++ inspections for the Jetbrains Rider plugin (especially now that Rider supports C++ development)?

Hello @SomethingUnrelated and welcome to the Sonar Community forum!

Although we don’t currently support C++ analysis in Rider, this is something we’re going to re-evaluate following some recent feedback.
Do you use Unity or Unreal Engine? What do you use to build your C++ applications? And if I may ask, are all developers on your project coding on Windows workstations?

Hey! I work on a mix of Unreal Engine and plain C++ projects. I believe the people I work with exclusively work on Windows workstations, yes.

1 Like

Thanks for the very quick answer! I assume you use MS Build for your plain C++ projects, let me know if that is not the case.

And about the support in SonarLint, I don’t have a date yet when we’ll re-evaluate this, but we’ll share an update in this thread when that comes.

Yep! That is correct. Appreciate you keeping me posted on the SonarLint support.