Hello Visual Studio users,
You may have noticed in our recent announcements, that we at Sonar are working hard to improve the connected mode experience in Visual Studio, so that it is easier and more effective for developers working in a team or in a company to define, share and apply the same definition of Clean Code across all developers in the organization.
As a reminder, when you set up connected mode with SonarQube or SonarCloud, then SonarLint will:
- Run the same quality profile locally
- Sync any file or directory inclusions/exclusions
- Mute any issues already flagged as Won’t Fix or False Positive
In addition, the following extra features are available when using connected mode:
- You can open a Security Hotspot detected by SonarQube into your IDE for easier review
- You can investigate complex injection vulnerabilities detected by SonarQube or SonarCloud directly in Visual Studio - SonarLint will help you navigate through the issue’s data flow
Don’t hesitate to leave us your feedback.