Sonarlint Connected mode issues

Please provide

• Operating system: Windows 11
  • Visual Studio version: 2022, 17.10.5
  • SonarLint plugin version: 8.2.1.96841
  • Programming language you’re coding in: C#, CSS, HTML, Javascript, XML
  • Is connected mode used:
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version): SonarQube Community, v10.6, windows server 2016

And a thorough description of the problem / question:

When first installing sonarlint, we are able to see all sorts of warnings/suggestions from sonarlint in all of our languages within our project. They are the same warnings that are being shown on our sonarqube. As soon as we connect sonarlint to sonarqube using connected mode (My Sonarqube is in a server running with HTTPS using a reverse proxy for reference). All of our Javascript suggestions go away. The only language we can see with warnings are C#. I have tried uninstalling and installing a few times, removing .sonarlint, SVLS_SLOOP, and SonarLint for Visual Studio folders. After trying to rebind a project, I see the below warning/error.

Hello @mullikina,

Welcome to Sonar Community!

Could you please send us the verbose logs so we can better understand the problem?

Could you also ensure that a valid token is provided when connecting to SonarQube?

SonarLintLog8-19-24.txt (10.0 MB)

I have tried using a few different tokens and users and these logs are based off of “admin” username and password

Hello @mullikina,

Thank you for the logs and for trying out my suggestion!

I created a ticket, which we will try to fix in the upcoming release.
In the meantime, consider using an earlier version of SonarLint (8.1 and earlier).

1 Like

Hello @mullikina,

SonarLint 8.3 has been released. Can you, please, update and let us know if your Javascript analysis works again?

1 Like

It seems to be working now in connected mode on the latest version. The solution that was provided also worked as well. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like