SonarLint 1.15.0 - How do I share the configuration for active (Python) ruleset?

Hi,

I see all the active/inactive (Python) SonarLint rules in the explorer, but I am using the (VSCode) SonarLint plugin across multiple remote (SSH) servers, so I cannot set my preferred ruleset in one place and have it everywhere.

So, my question is: how can I copy my favorite set of (Python) rules across multiple VSCode SonarLint installations?

Thank you,

Gallagher

Hi @gdp,

One option is to use connected mode to link your VSCode projects to a SonarQube server, or to SonarCloud. This way you will be able to manage your quality profile (= rule set) directly on the server.

If you don’t want to use connected mode, then you can maybe automate the copy of the user settings entry containing rules activation from one instance to the others. The SonarLint rule explorer is “simply” a convenient UI backed by that VSCode setting.

Another option could be to use VSCode remote ssh development extension. This way you will keep a single VSCode installation on your own machine with rules configuration, and connect to your various ssh servers from VSCode.

I just discovered there is a preview feature to sync settings between different machines: