SonarClud UI/UX improvement: add "copy reference" button

User Story

As a user, I walk through issues in my repository. I clicked on an issue, analyzed it and I would like to open the corresponding code place in my favorite IDE for fixing.

Current State

To be able to get a reference and find&open issue place in my IDE I need to do one of the following actions:

• Scroll up to the beginning of the file and pick up the class name. Then open this class in my IDE and manually find the issue place
  • Copy a nearest to the issue line of code and search for it in my IDE using full-text search (which is not optimal)

Feature proposal

• Add the “copy reference” button in the issue alert box. I believe that the right-top corner near “permanent link” is a good place
  • Add the “filename header” to see the full file name even when exploring issues near the end of file

Both marked yellow in the example below

Example:

“Copy Reference” button should copy the link in a format:

• <path/to/file>#L<line_num> (in our example: com/exonum/binding/core/storage/indices/KeySetIndexProxyIntegrationTest.java#L72)

or

• <path/to/file>:<line_num> (in our example: com/exonum/binding/core/storage/indices/KeySetIndexProxyIntegrationTest.java:72)

Perm link to the issue where the screenshot is taken.

PS: The proposed approach works well in IntelliJ IDEA. “Go-to reference” feature should be additionally verified in other IDEs.

Hello @bullet-tooth,

We think your suggestions make sense and we created 2 tickets:

We will let you know when these will be available on SonarCloud.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like