SonarCloud + SonarScanner + Decorate

• ALM used: GitHub
  • CI system used: GitHub Actions
  • Scanner command used when applicable: sonar-scanner -X -D project.settings=sonar-project.properties -D sonar.pullrequest.key=$PULL_REQUEST_NUMBER -D sonar.pullrequest.branch=${GITHUB_HEAD_REF} -D sonar.pullrequest.base=${GITHUB_BASE_REF} -D sonar.login="$SONAR_TOKEN"
  • Languages of the repository: C, Objective-C
  • Only if the SonarCloud project is public, the URL: Not applicable
  • Error observed: The 'branch' or 'pullRequest' parameter is missing
  • Steps to reproduce: Run SonarScanner PR analysis the GitHub Actions (runs-on: macos-latest)

The main question here: is there documentation from SonarCloud explaining how to set the PR decorate?

I’ve tried to include the following properties on the sonar-project.properties as well but didn’t work:
sonar.pullrequest.provider=GitHub sonar.pullrequest.github.repository=aljazeera/Mobile-AJE-IOS

Answering a few possible questions:

• Why I didn’t use the SonarCloud Action? Because I am running with a macOS image and docker execution is not allowed here.
  • Is there an application installed for SonarCloud? Yes, in Application > Authorized GitHub Aps

I’ve included the following properties and the decorate worked fine:

sonar.pullrequest.provider=GitHub
sonar.pullrequest.github.repository=ALJAZEERAPLUS/Fantasia-Website
sonar.pullrequest.github.endpoint=https://api.github.com

Hi @vhsantos26

Do you need further help on that ?

Mickaël

Hi @mickaelcaro

About the SonarCloud PR Decorate with GitHub Actions I am good. Now I am facing another problem but for this I will raise a new topic.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.