SonarCloud refuses to analyse C/C++ code (Open Source Project)

When I try to analyse a public github repositry with the free SonarCloud offering, it tells that all the C/C++ code will be ignored. Patrick McKinney from SonarSource told me this is supposed to be supported and I shall ask here. So… what did I do wrong?

• ALM used: GitHub
  • CI system used: none
  • Scanner command used when applicable (private details masked): none
  • Languages of the repository: C/C++, Assembly, Makefile, Shell, Yacc, M4, DTrace, Awk,
    Forthm RPC, Lua, GDB
  • Only if the SonarCloud project is public, the URL: https://github.com/netchild/freebsd
  • Error observed (wrap logs/code around with triple quotes ``` for proper formatting):
99.45% Lines of Code will be ignored (C, C++, Roff, Shell, Makefile, Assembly, Perl, Objective-C, Yacc, M4, DTrace, NASL, Awk, Lex, Forth, CMake, RPC, C#, Lua, Java, PLpgSQL, Raku, 1C Enterprise, AGS Script, TeX, GAP, Mathematica, Batchfile, Emacs Lisp, Starlark, Tcl, Smarty, sed, Vim script, PostScript, GDB, Turing, IGOR Pro, M, DIGITAL Command Language, Haskell, KRL, Scheme, Max, Limbo, SWIG, D, Module Management System, Rebol, Pawn, SuperCollider, Dockerfile, R, VBScript, EmberScript, Scilab, Pascal, ChucK, Terra files)
  • Steps to reproduce:
fork FreeBSD to your github account
Login to SolarCloud via your github account
add a new project in SonarCloud
select your repo
chose the public/free tier

Hey there.

Sounds like you’re trying too scan your codebase with Automatic Analysis (Autoscan) – which right now doesn’t support C/C++ code.

The following languages are currently supported:

ABAP, Apex, CSS, Flex, Go, HTML, JS, Kotlin, PHP, Python, Ruby, Scala, Swift, TypeScript, XML.

Your code can still be scanned (at least the languages SonarCloud supports), you’ll just need to configure the analysis manually and have it run as a part of your CI/CD process.

1 Like

Hi,

is the source code of the linux build wrapper available somewhere, so that I can port it to FreeBSD? The code of FreeBSD needs to be build inside FreeBSD, as such I would need a FreeBSD version of the build wrapper. If the source code is available somewhere (I didn’t find it on github, maybe I looked in the wrong project folders), I could have a look at porting it to FreeBSD.

Bye,
Alexander.